Keto Chow is a meal replacement shake mix, and it can be used to make a low-carb, keto-friendly ice cream that’s both delicious and satisfying. Here’s a simple recipe for Keto Chow ice cream:
- 1 packet of Keto Chow (any flavor of your choice)
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk or heavy cream (adjust based on your desired consistency)
- 14 cup of erythritol or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- Ice cream maker
- Prepare the Keto Chow:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the packet of Keto Chow with the unsweetened almond milk or heavy cream. You can use a hand blender or whisk to mix it thoroughly until there are no lumps. If you like, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract for extra flavor.
- Sweeten to Taste:
- Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness to your liking by adding erythritol or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener. Keep in mind that the sweetness may intensify slightly after freezing, so you can go a bit under your desired sweetness level.
- Chill the Mixture:
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill. This will help improve the texture of the ice cream during the freezing process.
- Use an Ice Cream Maker:
- Pour the chilled Keto Chow mixture into your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Generally, you’ll want to churn the mixture for about 20-30 minutes, or until it reaches a soft-serve ice cream consistency.
- Serve or Harden in the Freezer:
- You can serve the ice cream immediately for a soft-serve texture, or if you prefer a firmer consistency, transfer it to an airtight container and place it in the freezer for 2-3 hours. Be sure to cover it with plastic wrap or parchment paper to prevent ice crystals from forming on the surface.
- Once the ice cream has reached your desired firmness, scoop it into bowls or cones and enjoy your homemade Keto Chow ice cream. You can also add keto-friendly toppings like chopped nuts, dark chocolate chips, or a drizzle of sugar-free caramel sauce.
Keep in mind that the texture of keto ice cream can be a bit different from traditional ice cream due to the absence of sugar and lower fat content. However, this homemade Keto Chow ice cream is a great low-carb treat for those following a ketogenic diet or looking for a healthier alternative to regular ice cream.